Why Scores Drop
▪ We’ve Noticed:
▪ It’s important to look at the goal areas for each student. For example,
when our students grew dramatically in Interpretive Comp skills, they
often fell in Literal Comp skills.
▪ Students sometimes become focused on learning more in one area
and need support to integrate the new skills across the subject area
▪ We sometimes overemphasize areas when we notice unique needs.
(Interpretive Comp, Response to Literature)
▪ New textbooks may have areas of weakness and we need to find
support materials to balance them
▪ Students may need support to take the risks necessary to promote